Adventure packed programmes covering a variety of activities that can be spread out across multiple days - perfect for students on a school trip.
Our local hostel utilises all of our best activity locations easily reached the beautiful North Wales town which we call home.
- Activities: Choose from Whitewater Rafting, Gorge Walking, Climbing, Canoeing, Bushcraft, Mountain Biking, Archery, SUP, Whitewater Rafting.
- Accommodation Venue/s: YHA Trafford Old Hall Chester
- Expect: Unforgettable experiences riding the rapids on the River Dee.
- Need to Know: Our whitewater activities use the River Dee, which will require groups to arrange their own transport between our activity centre in Llangollen and the YHA.
- Suggested Duration: 2-4 days
Based on the Pembrokeshire coast, this program utilises the stunning Welsh Coastline.
- Activities: Choose from Coasteering, Climbing, Canoeing SUP, Walking and Bushcraft.
- Accommodation Venue/s: YHA Pembrokeshire Hostels.
- Expect: A stunning seaside location with Blue Flag beaches and bags of adventurous activities.
- Need to Know: The size of the hostels available to us in Pembrokeshire mean we can take up to 70 students on an adventruous activity package.
- Suggested Duration: 2 - 4 days
Set in Snowdonia, this adventurous programme makes great use of the natural environment.
- Activities: Choose from Gorge Walking, Climbing, Canoeing, Bushcraft, Mountain Walking, Archery, SUP, Whitewater Rafting
- Accommodation Venue/s: YHA Snowdon Hostels
- Expect: Explore wild mountain scapes with endless opportunities for outdoor adventure in the heart of Snowdonia
- Need to Know:The size of the hostels available to us in Snowdonia mean we can take up to 60 students on an adventurous activity package.
- Suggested Duration: 2 - 4 days
Key Stage 4 Package
An activity packed programme aimed at Key Stage 4 only (age 16 and up). This package is brilliant for fostering friendships and teamwork and is a great icebreaker for students starting a new term or school year.
- Activities: We recommend Gorge Walking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Whitewater Rafting.
- Accommodation Venue/s: The Hand Hotel (Our most local accommodation provider)
- Expect: Everything you need for an adventure packed break in the heart of Llangollen.
- Need to Know: This adventurous activity programme is tailored towards secondary aged for 16-18 year olds.
- Suggested Duration: 2 - 3 days
If you'd like us to contact you with more information about any of our activities or to help you plan an adventurous outing for your school just fill out the form and we'll get back to you.
Chris Sayell, Portsmouth Grammar School
Safe And Sound Outdoors are a well organised outdoor activity centre with friendly and professional instructor of the highest standard that care for their customers, with attention to detail and enthusiasm to encourage all participants to achieve with the activity provided.
As AAP for DofE SAS provide support for all organisation for staff and young achievers in all three awards and promote life skill within the expedition section.
Rune Webb, Cavalry Primary School
With any service, the Gold Standard for me is: "Would you reccomend them?' The answer: 'Absolutely'. We've been using Safe and Sound Outdoors for 15 years and I wouldn't hesitate to encourage others to do so.